Monday, October 10, 2005

Here The Bride Doesn't Come & Blogathon Part II


I'm still working through my blogathon (see previous entry). I've worked my way through all of the other category listings with the exception of "D.C. Lives," and I'm up to the letter "G"- #314, in that grouping. I will be so glad when I hit ZippyLand which is the last blogsite and I'm done. Patrick Thibodeau of DC Blogs, whose list I am working from, was kind enough to give this silliness a mention in his blog last night: DC Blogs.

In the meantime...life goes on. I was out getting a p
edicure on Saturday morning, joining a group who have standing appointments, so I got to hear the local gossip and catch up on news. One of the ladies asked my manicurist how her cousin's wedding had gone. The manicurist was supposed to be a bridesmaid in that wedding. From what I could pick up, she had gone to extra expense with her dress because it needed additional tailoring in the bust area: a few small tucks, but to the tune of $90.00. When asked about the wedding, my manicurist said rather curtly "It was called off," and when asked why she reported, "personal reasons."

As the people shifted about in the shop and I had a little more private time with her, I queried, "I don't mean to pry, but do you mind my asking why the wedding was ended?  She said, "I don't mind talking about it.  I just didn't want to be talking to the crowd."  My cousin found her fiancĂ© with another woman."  What happened was, the groom-to-be told his intended that he was going to his third bachelor party, and she thought that sounded "off."

Time has changed customs.  I know someone that had eight bridal showers last year.  One of my friends had ten wedding cakes (if I got the number wrong, she'll be correcting me since she reads this), but it was the most amazing thing.  The cakes came down in a curved tier effect, and each was a different flavor.  Her now husband told me well in advance of the wedding, "...and I'm going to taste every one of them."  Apparently, the cousin's groom had another tasting in mind.

The bride started checking the groom's emails and found a reservation for a local hotel.  She called her girlfriend saying she needed moral support and off they went that night to wait in the dark hotel parking lot.  Not too long after, here came the groom, with another woman in tow.  They got out of the car, walking hand and hand toward the hotel, and the bride walked up and screamed at the woman, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY FUTURE HUSBAND?  WE ARE GETTING MARRIED IN TWO WEEKS!"  She hauled off and bitch slapped the groom as hard as she could.  The girl was swearing she had no idea, and that he had never told her that he was getting married.  The bride and other girl wound up swapping telephone numbers in the parking lot.  Later, they got together and started piercing his story together, trying to follow his string of lies.


The bride and groom had been living together prior to the wedding, and just after this night she didn't return home right away.  Neither did he.  She finally did go back, and when he came through the door, she started pounding him around the head again.  My manicurist said, "He just stood there and took it."  The bottom line in this charming tale is that the manicurist had just moved into a new place herself, and now the cousin wants to come and move in with her--until June.  I asked her how she felt about that, and she made a face, then said, "I don't really have a choice.  She helped me out during a bad spell in my own past, so the way I see it, I owe her one."  Here's the kicker.  The loving groom?  He's trying to win back his bride.

 

Washington Cube     http://washingtoncube.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd take him back...and then go sleep with ANtonio Banderas...twice!

:-)