Wednesday, November 9, 2005

PIA PDA

 
I finally broke down and bought a Palm Pilot (PP) yesterday. A few years back I carried the then popular Filofax, but it was bulky and, let's face it, heavy. I actually went to the doctor with a shoulder pain, only to have him pick up my tote handbag and say "Just what are you carrying in here, anyway?" The Filofax came out.

I went out looking for a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) when the Filofax went onto the bookshelf, but at the time the prices seemed through the roof, and I wondered just how much I needed such a thing. Plus, by then, I had gotten into the habit of carrying around a digital camera, so the issue became one of values, as in "which has more." Last night I got the PP configured to work with my computer. I just finished printing out it's 318 page handbook, and now I'm asking, "Just what have I gotten myself into?" I've already had a friend instant message me, telling me what my first mp3 has to be. I know I have a lot of data to enter, plus a 318 page handbook to learn. What a PIA.

No comments: