Friday, September 9, 2005

Somewhere In D.C.

When I was out photographing another D.C. oddity, I saw this in my peripheral vision, did a u-turn and swerved around to capture it. I have a certain fascination with the little tributes people establish in their yards.

Studying this grotto combining the Virgin Mary with Santa Claus and candy canes, I couldn't decide if the owners were: 1) incredibly lazy (why take it down and put it up again for the holidays?); 2) they were somehow honoring the V
irgin Birth with the more secular aspects of Christmas; or 3) they are way ahead of the curve.

P.S. They also have two flanking pink flamingos with a row of tulips, so who knows what base that covers.

 

      

 

 

 

***  Remember:  You can also find Washington Cube at:

Washington Cube     http://washingtoncube.blogspot.com/

 

No comments: