Sunday, August 7, 2005

Eternal Sunday In San Francisco

I was talking to a friend in San Francisco today, and he was telling me about a ball game that he attended, and other things, then he said, "Oh.  I was taking a shower at the gym, and I noticed a small bottle of shampoo or something, so I picked it up to move it out of the way (I would never use it), and I looked at the label, and it said, "Nancy Boy Shampoo.!"  "Well," he added, "You could have knocked me over with a feather."  For those who don't know, "nancy boy" is British slang for "gay man."  At first I thought he was teasing me, but I googled it and sure enough, there is such a product and a whole line of hair care by that name.  The owners originally sold exclusively online, but later they opened a store on Market Street in San Francisco:

    Nancy Boy Homepage             http://store.yahoo.com/nancyboysf/

 

Then he said, "Seems like Jackie is going to sleep all day...and the cat lays there like a guarding lion, or a Fu temple dog...daring me to bother her."  He has an Asian-American wife, and he said, "I want temple dogs on my grave.  I want to be buried in the Chinese graveyard, so they can kiss my white ass for eternity."  I was laughing and asking him if I could use this conversation in my blog.  At first he refused saying, "Please no.  I'm embarassed already," but then he said "Well.  Who am I to stand in the way of the press?  What you have to do, do it quickly."

           

                         Honorable Ancestors?    Fu You!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And what about the singer "Nelly"?  Does he know what that slang word means?  Did he intentionally use that name/word?