Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Zippy Code 20902: Glenmont, Maryland



Back on August 25th I posted an entry involving the Zippy the Pinhead cartoon strip which featured a local landmark: Vet's Liquors and it's sign. Even earlier than that, I had been out taking photographs of local weirdness, and while I was researching the earlier Zippy entry, I found out that Zippy had been to see the god before me.



This display is located at a gas station at the intersection of Randolph Road and Georgia Avenue in Maryland. At the entrance to the station is this large, painted concrete head formed to resemble a stone head on Easter Island. I tend to think of it as the "Tiki" head, and it's a odd sight to behold.

Easter Traffic Island.....

Sometimes you have to wonder if you are going to drive by and see livestock being sacrificed next to flaming torches. With the way gasoline prices are going, this may not be far off the mark in the future.



That will be one goat to top your tank, and three goats for high octane....

 

 

 

 

***  Remember:  You can also find Washington Cube at:

Washington Cube     http://washingtoncube.blogspot.com/

 

No comments: